Spring Car Care Special
Auto Repair and Maintenance for Spring
In Colorado we experience true seasons, and so do our cars. Auto repair services tailored for the weather are more effective. Like buying a coat for winter, seasonal maintenance helps prepare your vehicle for the ever-changing elements, thereby extending its life. “It takes very little time and money to make sure your car runs properly throughout the year and although breakdowns happen, they can definitely be minimized by taking a few extra preventive steps,” Rich White, director of Car Care Council. Our Seasonal Car Care Specials are designed to handle all of your car maintenance and auto repair needs for each season of the year and are a worry-free way to keep you on the road longer.
Dust, pollen, allergies, and rain are common themes that affect both you and your vehicle in spring. This season is also a great time to prepare your vehicle for summer’s heat. Keep reading to learn more about what to pay attention to come spring and how we can help.
- Wipers – Winter weather can leave wiper blades brittle, cracked, and worn come spring. It is important to have properly functioning wipers for spring showers.
- Air Filters – Air filters collect pollen, dust, dirt, and debris when filtering the air that ventilates the engine as well as the air that ventilates the cabin of your vehicle! Replace dirty air filters to ensure clean air for both you and your engine. We aren’t able to inspect the cabin air filter very easily so replace it every 15-30k or per the manufacturer’s recommendation. Replace it more often if you drive on dusty roads or if you have issues with seasonal allergies.
- Headlights – Gray and rainy days reduce visibility. Clean, bright, and properly aimed headlights will help you see the road on these days. Properly aimed headlights ensure that you don’t blind other drivers, which enhances road safety for everyone.
- Windshield – Keep the inside and outside of windows and windshields clean for maximum visibility. To prepare for summer’s heat, repair cracked or chipped windshields as pre-existing chips spread in hot weather.
- Tires – Check tire condition and inflation. Proper inflation and ample tread depth prevents hydroplaning on wet roads–don’t put off replacing worn tires.
- Battery – Car batteries typically need to be replaced after 3-5 years. Have your battery tested if it’s more than 3 years old to prevent getting stranded.
- Engine Oil – Oil is the blood of a vehicle’s engine and should be inspected and serviced multiple times throughout the year.
Let us take care of it! Our Spring Car Care Special is a worry-free way to keep you on the road longer:
- Electrical System – Test battery, alternator, starter and lighting safety inspection
- Cooling System – Test coolant condition and inspect for leaks
- Filter Check – Inspect engine air filter, check for cabin air filter and fuel filter replacements
- Engine Performance – Inspect for tune-up and fuel induction system analysis
- Brake System – Inspect brake lining condition, evaluate braking operation, inspect for leaks and test brake fluid condition
- Steering System – Inspect for looseness, evaluate power steering system, inspect shocks and struts and full chassis lube
- Tire Rotation and Alignment Check – Evaluation of alignment problems and refill tire pressure
- Comprehensive 50-point Inspection
- Oil and Filter Change
- All Fluids Refilled
- Expert Recommendations – on services specific to the condition of your vehicle as well as manufacturer mileage interval recommendations. Including cabin air filter replacement, headlight restoration, and options for new tires that suit your specific needs.