In this modern-day and age, it's not uncommon for people to want to pick up a side hustle. Especially with the holidays around the corner, you can make some extra cash working for Uber or Lyft. While your employment status may be approved, these rideshare companies need to ensure that your vehicle is safe enough for their customers to ride in. Both companies require their drivers to present a passed vehicle inspection annually to ensure you're providing safe and responsible trips. Here's what a typical Uber or Lyft inspection checks for:
- Body - The car's body should be free of damage.
- Doors - All doors on the vehicle must open and close from the inside and outside.
- Seats - The front seat of the automobile must be adjustable.
- Seat Belts - Each vehicle must possess at least five seat belts, and they must be in working condition.
- HVAC - Your air conditioning and heating system must be fully functional.
- Windows - The car windows must be working and not cracked or damaged. Furthermore, the windscreen wipers and fluid must be in good condition.
- Mirrors - The vehicle's mirrors must be intact and damage-free.
- Horn - You'll need your car horn to work, as it can help prevent accidents from happening.
- Lights - All exterior lighting on the car, including headlights, high beams, taillights, turn signals, etc., must 100% work and be aimed correctly. During the inspection, a professional will check the performance of each light bulb. If your headlights are yellowed or oxidized, you may fail the evaluation.
- Tires - One frequent mistake people make before this inspection is not monitoring their tires. All of your tires should have adequate tread and sufficient pressures.
During a Lyft/Uber inspection, your trained technician will inspect all the above elements and more to ensure you're on your way to earning income.The assessment usually takes around 30 minutes to 1 hour, and it is well worth it if you are committed to the gig. If you are looking for an Uber or Lyft inspection in Ft. Collins, CO, please bring your vehicle to Community Auto today!