In Colorado we experience true seasons, and so do our cars. Like buying a coat for winter, seasonal maintenance helps prepare your vehicle for the ever-changing elements, thereby extending its life. “It takes very little time and money to make sure your car runs properly throughout the year and although breakdowns happen, they can definitely be minimized by taking a few extra preventive steps,” Rich White, director of Car Care Council. Our Seasonal Car Care Specials are designed for car service in Fort Collins and are ready to handle all of your car maintenance needs for each season of the year. They are a worry-free way to keep you on the road longer.
Dust, pollen, allergies, and rain are common themes that affect both you and your vehicle in the spring. This season is also a great time to prepare your vehicle for summer’s heat.
What to be aware of come Spring
- Wipers – Winter weather can leave wiper blades brittle, cracked, and worn. It is important to have properly functioning wipers for spring showers.
- Air Filters – Air filters collect pollen, dust, dirt, and debris when filtering the air that ventilates the engine as well as the air that ventilates cabin. Cabin air filters should be replaced every 15-30k or per the manufacturer’s recommendation. Replacing dirty air filters ensures clean air for both you and your engine. Replace them more often if you drive on dusty roads or if you have issues with seasonal allergies.
- Headlights – Gray and rainy days reduce visibility. Clean, bright, and properly aimed headlights will help you see the road on these days. Properly aimed headlights ensure that you don’t blind other drivers, which enhances road safety for everyone.
- Windshield – Keep the inside and outside of windows and windshields clean for maximum visibility. To prepare for summer’s heat, repair cracked or chipped windshields as pre-existing chips spread in hot weather.
- Tires – Check tire condition and inflation. Proper inflation and ample tread depth prevents hydroplaning on wet roads. Don’t put off replacing worn tires!
- Battery – Car batteries typically need to be replaced after 3-5 years. Have your battery tested if it’s more than 3 years old to prevent getting stranded.
- Engine Oil – Oil is the blood of a vehicle’s engine and should be inspected and serviced multiple times throughout the year.
Let us take care of it! Our Spring Car Care Special is a worry-free way to keep you on the road longer. Here’s what the service by our experts entails:
- Electrical System – Test battery, alternator, starter and lighting safety inspection
- Cooling System – Test coolant condition and inspect for leaks
- Filter Check – Inspect engine air filter, check for cabin air filter and fuel filter replacements
- Engine Performance – Inspect for tune-up and fuel induction system analysis
- Brake System – Inspect brake lining condition, evaluate braking operation, inspect for leaks and test brake fluid condition
- Steering System – Inspect for looseness, evaluate power steering system, inspect shocks and struts and full chassis lube
- Tire Rotation and Alignment Check – Evaluation of alignment problems and refill tire pressure
- Comprehensive 50-point Inspection
- Oil and Filter Change
- All Fluids Refilled
- Expert Recommendations – on services specific to the condition of your vehicle as well as manufacturer mileage interval recommendations. Including cabin air filter replacement, headlight restoration, and options for new tires that suit your specific needs.
The seasonal car care special is great because since it’s based on car service schedules for most cars, it covers your vehicle maintenance for the whole season, meaning reducing your car care check ups (which includes an oil change) to only four times a year.