What car maintenance is best during summer?
Did you know your vehicle works harder during summer months? Yep, while you’re getting that much needed R&R, your car is doing just the opposite. So why not be nice and consider your car maintenance plan? It’s the least you could do for your hard-working baby and the most you could do for ensuring your summer road trip is a success.
We’ve narrowed down the most important car maintenance items, based on Colorado’s summer climate, to keep your vehicle in the best shape during the hottest months.
- Timing Belt – Summer trips become quite a drag when you have a breakdown-which happens if your timing belt breaks! Replace your timing belt per the manufacturer’s recommended mileage interval to prevent a breakdown and potential engine damage. Doing so before your summer trip will help ensure vehicle dependability and safety.
- Tires – Tires need special care in warmer weather as high temperatures put added stress on them. To maximize tire life and safety, check tire condition and inflation monthly. Hot weather increases pressure in tires, necessitating adjustments.
- Windshield – Repair cracked or chipped windshields. Pre-existing chips spread in hot temperatures.
- Battery – Excessive heat shortens battery life, causes power drain, and evaporates battery fluid. As corrosion accumulates on battery terminals, it becomes an insulator and inhibits current flow. Ensure your vehicle’s battery function and condition especially before a summer trip.
- Cooling System and A/C Operation – The cooling system works harder during warmer temperatures to prevent overheating of the engine. Fresh and clean coolant helps prevent corrosion in the cooling system and assures the coolant has the proper boiling point. A properly functioning cooling system also ensures that your A/C blows cold.
- Transmission – Heat is hard on transmissions and is the ultimate cause of transmission failure. Make sure transmission fluid is in good condition and the and level is full. Service dirty fluid to maximize the life of the transmission.
- Belts & Hoses – These are essential components to cooling, A/C, charging systems, and the engine. Replacing worn out ones will help prevent becoming stranded. A blown hose can cause the engine to overheat.
- Engine Oil – Oil is the blood of a vehicle’s engine and should be inspected and serviced multiple times throughout the year.
So there you have it, that’s what you should pay attention to. Sounds like a lot.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a car maintenance plan specifically designed for summer?
Ahh yes but of course. We got your back and made it easy by designing a tailored service specifically addressing each of the above areas of concern. And the more history we gather from your car, the more specific your maintenance plan will become based on your car’s unique condition. It’s as simple as that: 4 routine services a year. Scroll to the bottom of the Summer Car Care Special for a coupon😊👍 And schedule your appointment today😎
Happy summer ☀️